Wednesday, September 19, 2007

At what point do we move forward?

This morning I finally got to get up and go walking. This is a time that I have come to cherish and love. I have missed it so much while I have been sick. This morning was cloudy and cool. As I walked (dodging sprinklers) breathing in the brisk morning air, I began to pray my thanks for the breath of life that God had breathed into me this morning.

I decided today that the past 2 months are gone and I just want to move forward. I am so OVER being sick, not having energy, and being weak.

Yesterday I was cooking and found myself dancing as I cooked. NOW.... if you know me at all, you know..... this girl can not dance! I began to realize that I have found a new freedom, a new energy, a new breath. One that I wouldn't have found if I hadn't been sick.


At what point do we move forward? Each of us has a "sickness" or baggage that we need to move on from. Anger, hurt, sin, the past. I wonder how many songs/dances we have missed because we are so weakened by the "past" that we carry.


About 8 years ago I decided to leave my childhood behind me. The different instances of hurt, being let down, anger, resentment. I knew that I could not be the parent, wife, or daughter that God was asking me to be unless I moved forward from my past. Forgiveness is one of the hardest acts of love. But there is so much freedom in it. I have chosen to just let it go and move forward with only thoughts of the good things that I remember.


Dorthy didn't choose the twister to take her away, she dreamed of a rainbow. But despite her mode of transportation she still found The Land of Oz. My favorite part of that movie is when she steps out into Munchkin Land and it is all in beautiful bright colors. We can't change how we got to where we are. We may have dreamed of rainbows and been handed a twister, but.... what we can do, is move forward dancing down the path He laid for us( yes, and dodging the apple throwing trees). Leaving that colorless "Kansas" behind us.








1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Good post. I think your best so far. Love that you weaved Oz in there. :-)