Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was..... ummm well.....Mother's Day :-) . I woke up yesterday and Hubby was off to church before I got up. The kids woke up like normal (yelling and crying about not wanting to get up). We pulled it all together and got out the door to make it to church. I took a deep breath as we drove down the road. Even thought it was Mother's Day....it was also Sunday. And Sunday mornings at our house aren't always the most joyful morning of the week. (Sad but true :-)

We got to church and I got everyone to the places they belong and then I went into church and this is what I got.



I couldn't help but laugh and cry. I needed a thank you yesterday. And I got one. A BIG one. I have learned that many days are thankless but that doesn't mean that they aren't thankful.

We ended our day with all 6 of us going to see IronMan 2. I had a 2 13 year olds that had to sit in the row in front of us, a 5 year old little boy that asked questions all the way through the movie and a 5 year old little girl that climbed/snuggled all over me the whole time. But it was great! Steven and I were together with our children and that's what really mattered. Family!

So today.....the day after Mother's Day.....I sit in my pj's, unshowered, with a headache from a little one waking me up WAY TO EARLY, half eaten breakfast in front of me, laundry piling up, cleaning calling to be done, and errands that desperately need my attention .......


and I count my blessings.....one little head at a time. Thank you God for trusting me to train these beautiful creations of yours. Thank you for allowing me to be part of their journey. And thank you for making everyday Mother's Day.

No comments: