Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thoughts from the Beach

Being at the beach everyday for a couple of weeks gives me much to think about.  Being with all four of the kids and not having another adult to talk to.....that gives me much to blog about.  Now having a quiet house and the right frame of mind to blog, well that is another story :-)

So I thought I'd start with some of the thoughts that I have had while on the beach:
~I miss my hubby.  Being the only parent in the house is hard and lonely. :-(
~Home schooling rocks.  The fact that we could just come down here....yeah, that's pretty cool.
~The sun rising over the ocean is the most beautiful when storm clouds are present.

~Kids can fight with each other on the beach and the glorious sound of crashing waves......means I don't have to hear it.

~I love the beach so much because it is so pure and simple.  It has been around since day 3.  Pretty cool when you really think about it.

~Just because you can get into a bikini does NOT mean you should wear one.  Come on people!!!
~Surfers are cool.
~75 year old surfers are even cooler.
~Big sisters are the best.




~I love that EVERY time Barron catches a great wave on his boogie board, he squeals all the way in. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
~I hate sand!
~Going to the fishing pier early in the morning is like stepping onto another planet.

 ~Reading a book about God while sitting on a beach seems to do something special to my heart.  I guess it kind of makes you see God a little differently.
~Looking for sharks teeth is a pretty cool hobby.

~Rest is good.  Resting in a chair or jumping in the waves or just walking the beach.  Resting your brain, your body, your mouth, your ears.  Rest is good.




~LL





1 comment:

Jacqulyn MIller said...

It all sounds glorious. Wish I was w/ you:) but then again, that would defeat the point. BTW...your younger set of twins have been school age for quite some time now. You should update your profile. Love and miss you, Friend.