Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What can a 4 year old teach you?

As Pey Pey walks into the kitchen (chocolate bunny in hand)

Me:" Aren't you going to eat your dinner first?"
(Before you comment..... I know that was a stupid question.)

Her: "Uh, well, no...... (long pause) ........ But thanks for cooking it for me."

Me: Dumbfounded at how cute and polite she is.
"Pey. How did you do it?"

Her: "Do what mom?"

Me: "Turn out so sweet."

Her: "Uh, God and Jesus" (in the DUH! voice)
__________________________
Later
__________________________

Her: "Mommy, I am willy willy cold. "

Me: " Well go put some warmer clothing on. " (Note: it is raining and cold here. She had insisted on shorts and a t-shirt)

Her: "Can't I just snuggle with you?"

Me: "Sure you can." (How in the world could I resist that? )

Her: "Mommy you are always hot! How did you get so hot?"

Me: "Uh, God and Jesus.." (in my best "Duh!" voice possible)


WOW! The things you can learn from a 4 year old. :-)

2 comments:

brenna said...

LOVE. IT.

she IS so stinkin' cute and sweet!!

ocean mommy said...

TOO cute. :) Ya'll need to get down here! I bet she could have some serious conversation with my two. :)

Hug her extra tight for me.