Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Distraction

Tonight I had a meeting with staff wives about our "thing" in church. Remember my post on pride? Well I am still working at it. Fear still grips me when I think about doing ANYTHING in front of a group. But I am leaning (hard) on God. Because I know, it will NOT be of my own strength that I will be on stage.

But then I came across this quote when I got home....

"What we allow to distract us can often be the very thing that
eventually destroys us!" ~ Perry Noble

So it got me to thinking......

What does distract me???
FEAR!
Fear has distracted me from acknowledging the great ministry opportunity in front of me. Fear has kept me so busy that I have ignored what God is showing me. Fear has woven its way into many of my thoughts about many things. And if I am not careful.... FEAR will destroy me.

Tonight little Pey Pey said that she was scared of "something" in her room. I said," You know what is neat about being afraid? It gives us the chance to watch Jesus protect us."

Sometimes we are so distracted by life, that we miss God orchestrating LIFE.



No comments: