Friday, September 11, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!

As I climbed out of bed this morning, the excitement of the date energized me. My favorite times of the year, are birthdays in our house. It is a day that is filled with fun and celebration meant only to honor that person (or set of persons :-) I love it. I sat down at the computer to write all about the Birthday in the house and turned on Facebook. I quickly remembered what today means to alot of other people.
September 11th is a day that most remember with great sorrow. The day of the tragedy I remember laying in bed and our phone began to ring. Steven had taken the day off to celebrate his 25th Birthday. My dad called and told us to turn on the TV. We watched, with the rest of the world, a country be turned upside down. I remember the silence in our room. I remember the confusion of the reporters. I remember questioning if I was afraid or not. I remember being thankful that my family was together, because many were not.

On that September 11th, I remember one thing that moved us forward was Steven's birthday. It would have been easier to sit in the bed and watch the planes crash over and over, than to go out and celebrate. But we went out anyway. I am sure there are many times that Steven has wished 9/11 wouldn't have happened on his birthday. But I am thankful. Thankful that on such a grim day.....we have a reason...a person, to celebrate.

Steven,

Happy Birthday to my best friend.
You are:
Sweeter than....a s'more so yummy and hot
Funnier than....a joke on a Popsicle stick
Kinder than....a grandma in a nursing home who can kick your butt playing shuffleboard
Gentler than....a cute little poodle who wants to come home to our house to be your wife's Christmas present.
A better husband than....I could have dreamed
Faster than.... all of the other typist in the competition
Happier than....A cute little poodle that just got adpoted by us
Nicer than..... Me :-)

I love you honey. You are my Knight in shining armor. You are sanity in my INsanity. You truly are a gift to me, to our family, to everyone around you. And I thank God for you every day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

Amen to all of that!