Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Cup

My trip to Turkey was not only 5 days long.... I have just misplaced my written journals. When I find them I will cont. my trip. :-)

I thought I would share a funny from my car today. It should give you a glimpse into my insane life.

Barron: Hey Peyton.... your a cup
(Baily, who is in the front seat beside me, looks at me confused and then giggles)
Barron: Your a cup! Your a cup! Your a cup!
Peyton: Barron, that isn't nice. You shouldn't say things that aren't nice.
Barron: I am nice and your a cup.
Peyton: (with tears) Mom, Barron is being mean and calling me bad things.
Me: (silent....can't say anything for fear of laughing)
Peyton: (crying louder now) MOM!!! He is being mean.
Me: Laughing and shaking (you know the kind of laughter you do when you are in church and you CAN'T laugh)
Barron: Baily, Shelby, Peyton.....Cups cups cups. You are all cups. Cups cups cups.
Baily and Shelby: (in unison) Hey! That's rude.
Me: Still shaking in laughter! (and in my head I think) REALLY! Are they REALLY all offended because they were just called cups. At this point I can't figure out what is funnier; the fact that his choice insult is to call his sisters a cup; or that they are all offended by it.
ME: Ok Barron.. we only call people by their real names. Anything else is rude. (Good job mom! Stand your ground.)
Barron: Mom, Your a cup!