Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lessons I learn from my children on vacation #2

Actually this one should be titled "Lessons my children learned from their mom on vacation".

The little boys in the house got to purchase guns from the Disney store this week. Fun for them to run and fight and play games in the house. They have played all sorts of make believe and different games with them. But ONE of the guns has little green balls that you can shoot. You have to lock and load it and then fire away. The other gun turns from a gun into a telescoping sword. So you can imagine the excitement at the house with these two.

I was sitting in a chair chatting away with the adults when POW I get hit with one of those cute little green balls. I look up only to see one of the boys grinning from ear to ear at me.
Now I am at a cross roads. I can 1. take the adult route and nicely ask him not to shoot people in the house and then go on with my conversation. 2. Loose my temper & scream about how you could put out an eye. or 3. Grab the gun, lock and load it and then begin running though the house like I am one of Charlie's Angles. Pegging each child like they are terrorists trying to take over the world, while spinning and whirling like I'm a secret agent.

So of course I took option #3. What else would I choose.

The Lesson:
If you shoot at your mother. Be prepared she might shoot back.

~LL

2 comments:

DW Hunter said...

It was the only option really...

The Sobie said...

It was also AWESOME.