Monday, July 19, 2010

Things I wish I knew then

Things I wish I knew 15-20 years ago:

-Memorize scripture. It is much harder as an adult.
-Be nice to your teachers. They are people too.
-Never throw away anything you write. (creatively speaking) Because I would LOVE to read it now.
-Never do anything you can't tell your children.
-Learn the rules of football. It will make Saturday's in the fall much better when you are married.
-Don't fret to much over those mean girls in school. Because you won't even be able to remember their names 15 years later. (Even in the world of Facebook.)
-Pay attention in class. Because you might home school your children one day.
-Salvation is more about Lordship than saving someone from Hell. (Although that is pretty huge too.)
-Pay attention in Home Ec.
-Go to PE
-No body will ever remember what you wore on the first day of school.
-When you get someone's address and say that you'll write.....DO It.
-When you tell someone you'll pray for them.....DO It.
-Don't shave your legs every day. You'll hate it when your older.
-Sex....don't do it. (until your married.....and then do it alot :-)
-If you don't have something nice to say.....shut up!
-Never make fun of people. It's mean.
-Read all of your assigned reading. And choose to enjoy it!
-Sing, act, dance. Believe in yourself.
-Never quit anything you have committed to. The flute, the piano, softball, track, friendships,girl scouts, private school,jobs, cheerleading (ok the last one isn't true....I was just on a roll)
-Fight for things that matter.
-Listen when elderly people tell stories. Because they've been there, done that.
-Love everyone! Jesus does.


There are many other things that I wish I would have know 15-20 years ago but.....these just kind of rolled out of my head and onto my finger tips.

~LL

No comments: