Saturday, August 21, 2010

Laugh a little for goodness sake

I firmly believe in making any job you do fun! Not everyone has the luxury of being in a job that they love but you can always choose to have fun at whatever you are doing. All of that to preface my work story for the day :-)

Since I work in a book store I am commonly asked what I like to read or what I am currently reading. And truth is, my list is forever long and I am normally reading 4 books at a time. Today I was asked what am I currently reading (by a co-worker) and since I was in a bit of a feisty mood I, without hesitation said, "Oprah's book of Daily Devotions". I went on to say, "It's great...each day has a different focus on a different religion. It has daily prayer guides to whichever god that religion worships. It even came with a some bonus material about, How To Be Your Best Own God. Oh and it has the coolest looking picture on the front cover of a chameleon."

Well, you can imagine the expression on his face when I said all of that. I had a good laugh at the fact that he wasn't sure if I was serious or not :-) I quickly told him that I was joking and he sighed with relief. But then he asked, "Does she really have a devotion book out?" Of course I busted out laughing again. "No! she doesn't." ( I don't think )

But this got me to thinking on my drive home......If someone created a book about my faith or my life.....what would it look like? What would be on the cover? What would the title be that would describe me? What would be on the pages? What would be in the chapters?

Just something to think about :-) Or something to make you laugh.

Have a great Saturday!

~LL

No comments: