Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Covered insanity

Many times I feel like I am out of control and crazy. I don't think my kids know because I think I mask it well :)  I think many of us women feel like that many days.  Men think they have us some what figured out. And  just label us as "crazy". 
But guys I have a little tip for you "We know we're crazy!"  And we are crazy because of all that we do. 

Most of my brain time is spent thinking things like:  what's for dinner?  What's the vegetarian in the house eating? What's that smell? Who's texting me? I need to email ________. Dinner...shoot I don't have ______ to make _______ because one of my darlings ate it. 😡 Now to the store, but let's do the store when we pick up one of the teenagers, oh yeah I need to get my coat from the dry cleaners, nahhhh it's warm enough not to need it today so I'll get it tomorrow, oh yeah pick up child & go to store. That smell..barf...what is that smell?  Everyone in the car, teenager do you want to drive? Gotta log driving hours to get license. Please let's not die! Let's listen to school in the car, then math when we get home.  Stop at the store to pick missing dinner pieces, talk about spices in the spice aisle that are from the country we are studying. 
 store check ✅  school ✅ teenager driving ✅ picked up other teenager ✅ email ❎ smell ❎ dinner ✅ sanity maybe. 


Life can be CRAZY!!!  Especially this time of the year.  So today I exercised my mommy powers.  After our Christmas focused school (which is so much fun!) I forced them to watch Rudolph the red nosed reindeer. 🎄(The claymation version :)🎄 I said,"This is not an option. Everyone needs to know where Rudolph came from."  


And then I ate ice cream for lunch. 

My point.... Slow down.  Enjoy the season.  And for goodness sakes watch Rudolph.  


~LL 

PS the smell was dinner from last week that one of the kids had taken in the car and forgotten.  Spinach, cheese, pasta 😝

No comments: