Sunday, February 1, 2009

Finally Home

It gives me great pleasure to finally be able to post about Hubby's new job. It has been a loooooong and painful road that we have traveled to get us "here". It is a little hard for me to post because there is SO much packed away in my brain. I feel like if I just spill everything it will look some thing this:

dfshjklfhajksht;oewhlkhdslkhga;dsfjkjdsfkljaslfk;jd
hdsjafkhfjkhdsfkjhlkfdhsklhklsdajkfhhsadjkflakhsdfa
fjdksahlkfhdjkshfkjalhfjkdhkjlfahdkjhskjahfskjlhdklahfk
hdsafjklhalkhfjkdhfkhkjdsvm,nm,cxnvjkufioewpruklseanf.

So I will post little bits and oneday you will get the entire story.
We have been through alot of emotion and heart ache in making our decision. It has to be one of the hardest yet easiest decisions ever.
The hard side of it comes because we had to turn another church down. A church full of loving, compassionate, full of life, people and we had to make a choice that would hurt them. The easy side comes because we got to say yes to a place that we already called home and serve in (now Hub just gets a paycheck for it.)
I recently read a post about ministry and it asked the question: Would you choose to worship in the church that you are on staff with? Meaning... if you didn't get paid and HAVE to be there, would you worship there?
I can whole heartedly say YES! It is pretty cool to me, that we chose to worship there and now we get to be on staff.

There are 2 moments that really stand out to me through this whole process of figuring out where God wants us to serve.

#1 The first time we flew home from Indiana (Just me and Hubby). Our plane was coming in for it's landing a Reagan National. (side note: best airport to flew in and out of, because you fly right over D.C.) anyway.... I was staring out the window at the Capitol Building, Washington Monument, etc. and I had this flood of emotions. Tears rolling, I began to reflect on how much I love this area and how sad it would be to leave. D.C. is one of my FAVORITE cities. I really love it here.

#2 The second time we flew home from Indiana (Hubby, 2 kids and me). We flew into Richmond. It was late and we were all EXHAUSTED. Right after we landed we all made a bee line for the restrooms before we headed for the car. The airport was pretty dead (it was about 11:30pm) and it was very quiet. As we came out of the restroom I heard to overhead music playing "I'm Going home". Hubby and I chuckled and went on. But deep inside, my heart was being tugged on and in my emotional females ways, tears welled up.

Thinking back on different moments through this crazy journey of almost 4 years, I am amazed at how God works. I am in aw of and thankful for the opportunities that He has given us, that have helped us to grow.
Indiana vs. Virginia was definitely something that we agonized over. We fully recognized the hurt that we could cause, but our decision wasn't and couldn't be based on emotions and feeling. The worst thing that we could have done was to say YES to a church because we didn't want to hurt someones feelings. Our ultimate goal in all that we have done and gone through is to be where God wants us. And to serve in a place that we can call home.
I am so thankful that GOD to be on staff in at Lifepoint. It truly is HOME.


2 comments:

brenna said...

for your family!!! Plus! You're still fairly close. Something I love :-)

We'll continue to prayer that God blesses this decision.

ocean mommy said...

We're rejoicing with you. So cool. :)