Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Family Night -- The 70's

The 70's invaded our house last night.

We ate:
Cheese Fondue
Smoked Sausage,Cocktail sausage, pineapple in bbq sauce -Fondue
Mac-n-cheese
Jello
Tye-dyes cake

We drank:
Tang
Fresca

We did:
Tye-Dyed shirts
Twister
All while listening to 1970's music.

The word of the night "Groovy".

After we enjoyed our food. We let it settle, while teaching the kids the YMCA. We sang a little Abba, and then danced to some crazy party songs. (Hokey pokey, Macarana, cha cha slide. Even though these aren't from the 70's, they we still fun to do.)

Then we moved on to Tye-dying our shirts. This was alot of fun, but ended up a lot of work for Mom and Dad. We both have blue hands today (that won't come off.) The end result is that we all have matching shirts, which is pretty fun. As I cleaned up, the rest of the family enjoyed a loud game of Twister.

By the end of the night, everyone was so tired and passed out in their beds.

A first for me...... I have no pictures. With dyed hands I was NOT touching my camera. I wish I would have gotten pictures of the food, but I forgot. Better luck next time.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Sounds fun! Well...except for the blue hands. :)