Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year

Today is basically the first day of our new year. Schools back in, Hubby back at work, and our routines are back in action. It is a huge sigh of relief to be back to "normal". As much as I love Christmas, I hate not having a routine. Between working, church, and family, our lives have been out of whack for a while now.
But I can't complain because it has been a wonderful Season. After the Blizzard in early December I got to see both sets of my parents. It was so nice to have them here in our home. Right after Christmas we got to travel to Atlanta to see my brother and his family. While we were there we had the opportunity to watch VT play TN at the Chickfila Bowl. This was a big deal because my family is such HUGE Tn fans and Steven is such a HUGE Virginia Tech fan. We had a blast!

As I have sat down today and got back to real life we have stated a couple new books. One is a book that I will be using with older girls for Homeschooling Bible. It is called Women of the Bible. It has 52 weeks and highlights 52 women. It is a devotional but we are using it as a text. My other new book walk me through the Bible in a year. Both started today with in Genesis and our Woman this week is....you guessed it....Eve.

As I have read and talked through the first part of Genesis God has opened my eyes to one theme: Hope. It amazes me how God sees all time. So when He formed Eve from Adam He knew what she would do. He knew what she would choose. But in the same sight He knows what we will do and what we choose. And yet He created us anyway! He had a plan for them and He has a plan for us.
I am so hopeful for this new year. I pray that I will walk where He leads and listen when He speaks. I pray that our family will be who God created us to be and live the way he created us to live. I pray that our Church will go to new levels of reaching people far from God. And more than anything I pray that I will love as I have been loved.

God is so good. Blessings to you as you step forward in 2010.


~LL

No comments: