Saturday, January 16, 2010

Tiny Blessings

After reading this blog it prompted me to write on my blog. Thanks Andie!!


As I think over the events of the past week, my world seems so small. My problems seem so silly. And my seemingly HUGE moments of blessing, become tiny. I am once again reminded that life is so fragile. James 5:14 " You do not know what will happen tomorrow! Your life is like a mist. You can see it for a short time, but then it goes away."


Andie asked:
What tiny moments have blessed your life lately?


~My tiny moments this week seemed like big moments at the time. But Haiti has caused my eyes to refocus.~

-Date Night-
A rare moment in our busy lives that allowed a couple of hours of adult conversation. A moment that allowed me to be a wife more than a mommy. No sharing with children, no walking someone to the restroom, no ordering for someone else, no counting bites, no guarding the butter, no breaking up fights, no coloring. Just talking together and being together. (Those moments are rare!)

-Snuggling-
Snuggling on the couch with my #2 man. Barron! He came up and sat with me while I watch Food Network and said, "Mommy can we snuggle?" Are you kidding me? The kid that turns into Luke Skywalker in a moments notice. The kid that sword fights with EVERYTHING. The kids who constantly sings on the toilet. The kid who will only clear his plate if you promise him StarWars on the Wii. That one...wants to snuggle? ABSOLUTELY!!!

-Steak Sandwich-
The best meal I had all week, must make it into the tiny moments list. Funny thing about it....it was left over from date night. Not a sandwich. But the steak that I later used to make the BEST steak sandwich I have ever had. (just thought I'd share....the thought....not the food :-)

Other tiny moments~
-A Mello Yello.
-Surprising the kids with S'Mores for snack time on Tuesday
-60 degree day :-)
-Starting a new book that I have been dying to read
-Video chatting with my hubby during the day time (when I normally never see him during the day)
-Sarah Palin going to FOX News


These are some of mine....what are some of yours?
What tiny moments have blessed your life lately?


~LL

No comments: