Thursday, February 11, 2010

What I see

This song has been around the block many times by now. We sing it in the car, we played it in Turkey, my son sings it walking around the house, etc.etc. When I first heard the cd Hello Love the song "Jesus Messiah" was all over the radio and "I Will Rise" hadn't even been noticed yet. The first time I heard it I was moved to tears (God always seems to use music that way with me.) Anyway when I heard it I felt the urge to raise my hands in worship. **Side note** I was born and raised in Tn...as a Good ole Southern Baptist. Raising your hands wasn't something that was done or encouraged. God has stretched me alot in my years. But believe you..me...if my hands are raised it is because the spirit has lifted them :-)**** Back to my point~ This song has touched me in such an amazing way. While we were in Turkey we put it to a slide show of pictures for the week. The lyrics- I will rise when He calls my name. Hit home. To sit in a room full of people who had committed their "everything" in service to God. They rose when God called them out. And their precious little children are the next generation of workers that will have the choice to rise when called. So sometimes when I hear the song I see the faces of the Christians in Turkey that have forever impacted my life.

But sometimes when I hear the song I see my Little Barron singing it at the top of his lungs. At it tickles me to death that "Chris Tomlin" is his favorite singer. (He's 4!!) He has no idea the depth of meaning in the words that he belts out. But I quietly pray over him at night that God will raise him up as a strong and mighty warrior of the faith. I pray that he will rise when God calls his name.

But when I am all alone and I hear this song, I close my eyes and I picture Heaven. I picture it to be crowded with people I know, people I have prayed for. And like thunder rolling through the sky I hear God call my name. And it isn't until that very moment I fully understand and feel the depth of His love. I see what true victory looks like and I can see at His right hand Jesus. The Jesus who died and rose so that I could have eternal life. My heart is overwhelmed by the feeling of true love and grace. I am amazed that He really knows my name. So I rise and walk forward only to reach His feet and fall on my knees. Complete joy, complete peace, complete love, complete worship.
(I guess you can kind of understand why I want to raise my hands when I hear this song :-)

So close your eyes....listen to the words....what do you see?





~LL~

1 comment:

The Sobie said...

I hope that when God calls my name, it's like a "Hey, buddy!" type of call, not like, "MICHAEL! Get over here so I can punch you in the face!" You know, because God is really strong. That would not be cool.

;)