Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Been a while

I am forcing myself to sit down and finally blog. It feels like it has been forever since I sat and wrote anything other than some silly review. I guess I haven't felt the huge urge to write because of how life has been lately. I feel like we are on a freight train. Not one of those slow moving, never gonna get anywhere, my load is so heavy I can't hardly move freight trains. But one of those holy crap, hold on for your life, speeding furiously down the track, hope no ones is crossing, the load is heavy but totally worth it, this ride is amazing freight trains.
Since I don't even know where to begin I think I will make a list. A list of things that I am encouraged by or grateful for. Hope you enjoy it and on some level it catches you up on our life.

1. For God to love me enough.... to never stop.
2. For our family to work so well together to accomplish all of our million tasks without killing one another.
3. For a husband to love and honor.
4. For a husband who treats me the same.
5. For Lifepoint. Who accepted a vision from God and chases it in everything they do.
6. For the number of true friends I have to shrink but for those friendships to deepen.
7. For children who love me despite my parenting skills.
8. For my garden that makes me feel at home (even though it won't produce :-)
9. For my bible study ladies who make me laugh ...and laugh...and laugh
10. For my health because it could be worse :-)
11. For my baggage. Because with each passing year it gets lighter, but still heavy enough to force humility.
12. For Mellow-Yellow. Because it just makes me happy.
13. Marshmallows do too :-)
14. For my job. Though I HATE to go off and work, I am thankful for the people I meet, and the stories they tell that change my life.
15. For worship music. Because it is there...in music....that I feel the closest to God. (Even though I can't carry a tune :-)
16. For thunderstorms. Because they are peaceful and powerful at the same time. Just like God.
17. For fiction books that take me somewhere that I may never go or have already been. But always take me away.
18. For aloe. Because as I sit here and type the laptop is burning my legs on my sunburn. (Welcome to Summer)
19. For coke icee.....need I say more?
20. For date night. Because time out with my best friend is the best time ever.
21. For the beach. AHHHHH vacation. It's coming.....soon.
22. For blogs. Because the give us windows into the lives of people we normally would never meet.
23. For Hell's Kitchen. Because somewhere... deep down...there is a little Gordon Ramsay in us all. (ok maybe just in me ;-)
24.For Homeschooling. Because I only get 18 years to really invest. I am so thankful I get to spend it investing in all 4 of them.
25. For a hubby that enables/encourages me on our home school adventure.
26. Lastly.....for flip flops. Because I was born to be barefoot, so flip flops are the next best thing.

All of that to say. Life is good and busy. Hopefully the list will either catch you up a little or just make you laugh. But either way, it's a blog and now I am up-to-date.


~LL

1 comment:

The Sobie said...

#15 reminds me of the saying, "You can tune a guitar, but you can't tuna fish..."

HAHAHA. LOLZ!