Monday, September 8, 2008

Conversations heard around our house #2

On our ride home from church yesterday...



Pey: Mom, when I grow up I'm gonna be a boy.

Mom: Pey, girls don't grow up to be boys. God made you a girl.

Pey: No, no, no mom, I grow up to be a boy, then I die and become a girl again. Ok?!


(There were so many things wrong with that statement that I just shook my head and went
on :-)

____________

This morning...

Mom: Good morning Bear.

Bear: Mom,The sunshine has not eatin' breakfast yet.

Mom: ??????HUH?????

Bear: and ...He's a boy.

Mom: Who?

Bear: (frustrated) The sunshine!

Mom: Oh. How do you know?

Bear: Because when he grows up he will be big like me.

Mom: Oh, ok. (what was I thinking.)
____________________



Pey: Mom, I am going to church. HEY BUB!!! Let's go to church ok?!?

Mom: Ok, see you later. (They go hand in hand down the hall to their bedroom. I can hear them talking and going on and on about something.)

Mom: Hey guys, what are you doing?

Pey: Shhhhhhhhh! We are in church with Brenna and Ken.

Mom: Ok, tell them hi for me.

Pey: Ok mom. BrennaKen mom says hi.

___________
Bear: Can you get me some apple juice?


Mom: Sure, but I can't do it, unless I get a kiss from a prince.

Bear: Oh, oh! I am a prince!

(Then he laid a big kiss on me.)


That last one is my favorite. God always knows how to make me smile. And He usually uses one of the "jewels" that lives with me.