Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A date with a Pirate.

If I were going to go on a date with a pirate there are certain things that are a must:
  1. He must be handsome.
  2. He must be funny.
  3. He must have a great "ARRRRRRR!"
  4. And he MUST wear a patch.

Today I got my date with my pirate.

Little Bear decided to play "catch the flying stuffed animal" with his sister. Normally this isn't a bad game to play. But this game would typically require that you catch the "flying stuffed animal" with your hands. Well, Bear decided to catch with his face.

The story goes like this:

Bear comes screaming into my bedroom holding his eye. I have no idea if he is missing an eye, got something stuck in it, or all of the above. I am holding his arms down so he won't rub his eye, while trying to look into his eye (which thank the Lord was still intact). I could see a small scratch on his cornea, so I was a little nervous. I wasn't sure what kind of doctor to go see. The ER, a pediatrician, an opthamologist????All the while I am asking Pey Pey (a 3 year old)what happened.

Pey: Fraydo did it!

Mom: (While fighting to look into Bear's eye as he screams and is freaking out) Pey! what happened to Bear?

Pey: Fraydo did it mom! Fraydo!

Mom: Pey! I am serious. What happened? And DO NOT tell me Fraydo did it. (Thinking at this point that Fraydo MUST be a new imaginary friend.)

Pey: MOM! Fraydo the chicken got Bear's eye.

Mom: Oh! You mean Alfredo the chicken. (Light bulb moment. The big girls named a beanie baby chicken, Alfredo.)

Pey: UH, yeah! (her toned screamed, DUH!)

Fast forward 30 minutes or so.....

We called an eye doctor and had an appointment. Hubby and I took the little guy to the eye doctor around 4pm today. After getting him some numbing drops he was much better. In fact he was putting on his usually show. He had everyone in the office laughing up a storm. They put some medicine in his eye and then put a patch on it. As soon as they taped the patch on, he let out a nice "ARRRRRRRR!" "I a pirate now".

He is sleeping now and we have a follow up appointment tomorrow. It has been an adventure of a day. But after all.... isn't that what life with a pirate is supposed to be.

Much Love.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Ouchie!!! I am glad that he actually wears the patch. I think Nathan would rip it off in one second. Hope he gets feeling better soon!

ocean mommy said...

Chad filled me in on the pirate drama when I got in from church tonight, but that picture is too funny. You need to shoot some video of him doing his ARRRRR.

brenna said...

AWWW so cute!! And here's me being stupid - what's the dog's name? You know, the little black one in his arm? b/c I just can't remember and for some reason it seems important that I remember

Lindsay said...

The puppy's name is shnookems. (or however you want to spell it??? I am a phonetic speller:-)