Monday, October 20, 2008

Thank you

If you have ever been through tough times (like we are right now) then you understand. You understand what it is like to have to lay your pride down and accept help, prayers, love, attention and so on and so on. Some of these are easier than others. I am a person who never gives up or gives in.
(Except when I know it is a fight I can't win, or a game with no winners, or Hubby is too smart and I can't get any of the answers on Jeopardy before him) sorry I digress.

Point is ... I am a fighter. It takes alot for me to ask for help.

But God is changing that.

This is not a "rainy, pouty, I'm so sad ...Eeyore" post. But instead this blog is about how God is shining through our circumstances. I read once that you can only see a rainbow when it rains. (hmmm, God is a much better therapist than Dr.Phil)

As we have moved from state to state, city to city, church to church, God has allowed us to meet some of the most amazing people. (and some I wish I could forget ;-) And some, we are even lucky enough to tag as friends.

A friend once tried to help me and I said "no thanks" and in his wisdom He said, "God has laid it on our hearts to help you. If you don't let us then you are stopping the blessing for both of us."

From then on I have learned.... accept help. What if you prayed that God would give you someone to help today....and when that person came along, they said no thanks.

As our family is traveling down this tough road, there are people who have listen when God said "Help them", "Pray for them", "Call them". I can't say that one act has meant more than another, because they are all wonderful and in perfect timing. Our hearts are full, our family is great, and our hope is in Him; simply because each of you were the hands and feet of Christ, to us.

Each of you, and you know who you are,(one day when I write my book I will list you off) are our family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for carrying us in your prayers when we can't carry ourselves. Thank you calling at just the right time, to say "we love you". Thank you for giving financially in ways that have blown our minds.

God thank you for the gift of friendship. Thank you for allowing us the opportunities to have wonderful families by blood and some we call family by choice. God, your love is amazing. You constantly provide for our every need. I pray that one day we will be gifted with the opportunity to return the blessings to our family and friends in the ways that they have blessed us. Thank you for life. Thank you for allowing me to live it among such wonderful people.

Thank you for the rain.... because the rainbow is proving to be sooooo beautiful.



No comments: