Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vacation

This week I have been on vacation. It has been wonderful. I started my vacation week by getting to spend a few days with some of our best friends in the world. Daryl and Jenny came with their 2 kids and one on the way. We had such a great time. It was a great coincidence that our scheduled "Family Night" just happened to fall on the Saturday they were here. It was very cool to include them in our night. I decided to change up my theme from AFRICA to Birthday Night. Since it is rare that we get to see the Hunter's and we never get to celebrate birthday's with them, I thought we would just have a night to celebrate everyone's birthday.


Tuesday the Hunters took 1/3 of the Lathams to Washington DC. It was a great surprise for the big girls. After many hours of Guitar Hero, laughing at the stupidest things, and watching all of our kids play...the Hunters finally had to leave. (It would have been fine with me for them to stay forever :-) But they had to get back to Kentucky to do some baby birthin'.

Someone once said,"if you can count your true friends on one hand, then you are blessed."

Well.....nuff said.

Daryl and Jenny we love you guys.


The rest of my vacation is being spent resting. My darling hubby was gone for a couple of days to Unleash. I wish desperately that I could have gone. But I got the next best thing... I watch live online while in my PJ's. (Gotta luv techmology.) Heard some incredible statements. I can only imagine how great they were to hear them in person.

You can go to the site and watch the main sessions (it is worth the time)


Well I am off to enjoy the remaining days of my vacation.

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Sounds like a wonderful week...well....except the part about your man being gone...I know you would have much rather had him home while you were vacationing..or maybe not... Anyway..

the pictures are GREAT!! Love that feature, where did you do it??

Hug the kids for us, I miss you all.

Lindsay said...

I use Picasa for all of my pictures. You can edit, create, order, create musical slide shows. I LOVE it. I have used it for forever and that keep upgraded new features. It is great.