Monday, November 16, 2009

New Journey- 4

Ok so my "more tomorrow" actually meant three days :-)
The story continues.....

After my phone call from the corporate headquarters we completed our vacation and went home. We had alot on our plate when we got back. The BIGGEST was a new project the church was beginning called Accelerate. (Go read about it all so I don't have to type it all :-)

The short version... The Accelerate project is a brief moment in the history of Lifepoint that will change its future forever. God has called Lifepoint to reach this region. We believe that through this project God will accelerate our impact on this community by putting us in a position to at last find a permanent facility. Through Accelerate, God will stretch us, grow us, and move us to a new level of faith and anticipation! (copied from the website)

When we came home from vacation, the first step (for us) in this project was a staff commitment night. This was a time with all of the staff and spouses got together for dinner, a time of worship, and a time of commitment. Deciding on what our financial commitment to this project was NOT easy.

We already live paycheck to paycheck (barely/hardly) and I just lost my job. Steven and I had talked.....and talked....and talked. We looked at our budget. And then talked some more. We prayed. And then talked some more. We just couldn't see the "how" in giving more than our tithe. After alot more talking and praying we finally came up with an amount.
A couple of days later we had our Staff Night. We had an amazing time of worship that ended with us giving financially..... what only God could provide.

The next day....

I got a voice mail from my old store manager asking if we could talk. Let me be very transparent for a moment....... I figured that the corporate office had called him and told him he needed to call and apologize to me. But ... I never expected what I got.
I got a long heart felt conversation and a sincere apology. I hate writing that because it leads one to believe that I DIDN'T expect "a long heart felt conversation and sincere apology". But truth is I didn't expect anything. In the end.................. He offered me my job back and I accepted.

As I look back over this part of the story I am amazed. God moved a mountain!
I kind of feel like my life is a snow globe. (imagine for a minute) There was this pretty little scene ** A nice little job. A nice way to give to the project. Easy.
THEN God shook it! **I couldn't see clearly. I didn't know what we would do to make ends meet. And I Really didn't know what to do to be able to give to the project. But we stepped out and trusted.
Even though we couldn't see the scene clearly..... we knew who held the globe. And as soon as we said, "We trust you.... even though we can't understand it all and it looks like a big mess.....we trust you God." Then as quickly as He shook it....It all begins to settle and there is a new scene. One that is covered with Christ and a Faith that has been transformed.

Will God shake our globe again?
-I am sure of it
Will it be easy?
-Nope
Do I hope for it?
-Absolutely!

Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.


Part 5 tomorrow :-)

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Love it. Sounds like an Eph. 3:20 moment. :)