Saturday, June 9, 2007

Leading worship

For the past 6-8 weeks B and S have been helping to lead worship for our Discovery Kids at church. We have this great curriculum that we use which has music and videos that go along with it but there is a team of 4 girls that do motions to all the songs and help lead all the kids through our worship time in Discoverykids. It seems to be very easy for them and they do it without hesitation. But things were a little different last week. We took ALL that we do on a typical Sunday morning in our children's ministry area and put it out in "Big Church". So the girls got to lead motions with our adults. They were very nervous. It was really great how God used this time to open up doors for the girls to understand what "leading worship" is all about. We talked alot about who they are truly preforming for. I love the song "Audience of one" from Big Daddy Weave. I think that they put it something like this: I come on my knees, To lay down before you Bringing all that I am, Longing only to know you,Seeking your face,And not only your hand I find you embracing me,Just as I am. I know that they didn't completely understand what it means to preform for God and God alone. I know that they couldn't even see past their nervousness to begin to understand the privilege. Gosh, I would imagine that worship leaders past and worship leaders future, struggle with this concept every day. I can only pray that as our girls grow in Christ, they will one day be able to know and understand the privilege that it is to stand before people, ushering them to the foot of the cross in worship.

If you can't tell by my blog ramble, I am proud of them. I wish that I could post a video of them doing this but I don't have one. I will post however, a video of their "monkey-see-monkey-do" little brother. Little Bear is showing us every day how much he loves music. He wakes us up in the morning singing, walks around the house singing, sings in the car, on the phone, etc. etc. All the while Pey Pey just watches him saying, "Bubby, crazy".

So here is a link to him dancing. Keep in mind that the motions he is doing are right on with what he is supposed to do.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rhonda.messer/May2007/photo?authkey=-TXGvDAtUrc#5072885192608773202




Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands. ---Anne Frank

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Cute Video. He's what we children's choir people love to see walk in our doors each week! :)
If we could bottle that and share it with adults, worship would be awesome!!!

I'm so glad your church gave the kids a chance to lead. They bring true, sincere worship. It's an authentic genuine love for the Lord. We adults are often to disctracted by other "stuff", and forget who it's all about.