Friday, June 29, 2007

YOU CAN DO IT

I got up this morning trying to be better about managing my time. I have come to realize that if I can get my lazy butt out of bed before the kids get up, we all have a better day. I wake up and have some down time (ALONE) and I can get every one's day started on the right foot.

So I was challenged this week by a friends blog, to stop drinking soda. Well, for those of you who are close to me, you know that Coke and the coveted Mellow Yellow, are my sanity. Sometimes my retreat. If I have a bad day, I could just sit somewhere quiet and veg with a my coke. I know what you are thinking..... Can we say "Betty Ford Clinic". Anyway, I figured if Daryl could stop drinking it, then so could I. I just hope that I don't end up off the depend taking pictures of my butt and emailing them, due to my withdrawals.
I was a bit hesitant to tell anyone of my new goal, because I have failed many,many times in the past. But I was thinking about it...... Who cares if I fail. I will just wake up the next morning and try again. I am now on day 4 I have only had 1 coke since I started. My habit was up to about 3-4 a day before I quit. So I say that I am doing pretty well. I can already tell that I am feeling better than before. My nerves don't feel as tense and my breathing is easier. SO say a little prayer for me, that I can do this without killing anyone in the process. Here is some information that motivated me to stop. Caffeine Withdrawal

As you can tell, not much is going on in our lives right now. The kids and I ventured to the beach Wed. and we had a blast. This weekend Steven's parents are coming in to visit. It is always great to have them here, we have alot of laughs. Sat. night we are all going to the beach for a church event. We will be cooking out, bonfire, swimming and doing baptisms. I guess this is one of those perks to living so close to the beach. I am always a little jealous to watch people get baptized in the ocean, because I think it is so cool. After all I just had a white rob and was dunked in an oversized bathtub in front of the whole church.

Ok ta ta for now. Hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Sounds like you're almost out of "withdrawel". I'm sure the longer you go without, the better you'll feel. Have fun this weekend at the beach. I'm so jealous!

Hug all the kids for me.

DW Hunter said...

Let the record show.... I did *NOT* stop drinking soda... I simply stopped drinking caffeine. So, instead of 10-12 Diet Cokes a day... I'm now drinking 10-12 "CAFFEINE FREE" Diet Cokes a day.

I'm still hopeless addicted to aspertame :)

Oh, and thanks for throwing out the "taking a picture of my butt" in the blog. Nice touch.

Much Love, --DW

ocean mommy said...

So how is this going? Are you doing anything crazy without the caffeine to keep you mellow? Any backside pictures? (I just can't say the other word on the internet!)

Hug the offspring for me!