Monday, August 6, 2007

Life with Twins


I was recently reading some post about multiples and came across "some funnies". As I read through some of them I realized.... Life may be stressful sometimes, but, WE HAVE A BLAST! Our house is loud, messy, active, loud, but fun. (Even if I am watching Nemo at 7:00am)(again)

So here I hope you laugh with us, not at us, and enjoy some of these funnies as much as I did.
You know you have multiples when....

-You arrive at your doctor's appointments early just to read the magazines in peace.
-A regular sized pack of diapers lasts only 3 days.
-You can throw French-fries to the rear set of seats without looking and none end up on the floor.

- You can change diapers with you children standing up, while in line, at the Children's Museum.

- You can throw a balled taped diaper across the room and hit the bucket every time.
-You not only are familiar with what a 300 count box of Kleenex looks like when they are all removed from the box one at a time, but you know for a fact you can't put them back because you've tried.
-Everyone in the neighborhood knows who you are, even though you've never met them before.
-The awareness of silence strikes terror into your soul.
-You go to an amusement park with your double stroller only to realize YOU'VE become the source of amusement, or you go to the Zoo and find the other visitors watching your kids more than the animals!
-When discussing child proofing and singleton moms say "you just have to tell them no, you can't child proof everything" and you laugh and say "Wanna Bet?"
-All of a sudden everyone you know, knows someone with Twins.
-You burst into laughter at the site of a diaper Genie… AS IF….!!
-You celebrate the birthdays of the people who invented the spill proof sippy cup and the auto repeat replay function on DVD players.
-On the way to rescue a paper towel roll on the verge of destruction you suddenly realize that it might buy you 5 minutes to check your e-mail.

- The next day, the kids wake up too early, you open their door long enough to throw in a couple of rolls of paper towels and you go back to bed.
-Your kids have never actually walked through the zoo or store, because getting out of the stroller is NOT an option.
-When hearing of a new pregnancy, you first question is "just one?"
-The lady at the drive through at McDonalds knows your name.
-If the choice is sex or sleep, the answer is ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

-If you are asked "are they all yours, or do you have a daycare?"

-You laugh at the mom with a singleton who struggles to grocery shop with the ONE!

-You use the term singleton.

-you count by twos

-You want to deck the next person who asks "Are you having anymore?"

I hope you laughed at these as much as I did. Just remember the next time you see a mom with multiples.... It is much harder than it looks, but it is also alot more fun than you can imagine!






2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

That's pretty funny. I'm forwarding it to Megan. Hey, are you having anymore? Just kidding!

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blogs. This is Haley Boles from Bayside. I was little when I knew you a while back. My mom is Kathy. Anyways, I thought I'd let you know so that I wouldn't be snooping!! :-)

I am probably the mom your would laugh at that has just one child at the grocery store and stressing out! lol..I admire Mommies with multiples! God bless!

-Haley