Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Hero

As some of you may know, I have been struggling over the past 6 weeks with some stomach issues. Not too sure what is going on but I know, "this ain't been fun". Sometimes the pain is nonexistent and then it will come and double me over. DH has had to come home from work more than once because it is too much for me to deal with. Thank God for his job. Being in ministry can be tough but when I need my dear hubby at home he gets to be here.



So I must give out the GREATEST AMERICAN HERO award to MY HERO! He has stepped in and done more than I could ever ask. He has taken care of me. He has been patient and gentle and kind. I am always amazed at how God uses him to show HIS love to me.
Webster defines hero as: 1 a: a mythological or legendary figure often of divine descent endowed with great strength or ability b: an illustrious warrior c: a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities d: one that shows great courage.


The only thing that I would disagree with is the "mythological or legendary" part. Because he is real and I have the honor of waking up beside him every morning.
So to you my dearest husband.... Thank you, for loving me like Christ loves the church.

To everyone else, please say a pray for me. Friday morning I am finally getting in to see a doctor. Please pray that whatever I have is treatable. And not something I just have to deal with. Pray that the doctors will have wisdom to deal with whatever is going on.
I am not one who normally steps out and asks for things. (Including prayer) But today I ask for your prayers. I am tired of feeling sick all the time and having no energy. My family pays for it when I can't be what I need to be. Thanks to all and I will update when I can.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Hey sweetie! We are praying for this entire situation. We love you and believe God will use this time for good! We may not see it for a while, but HE will use it. Chad can speak volumes to that.

Love you.
steph.

becky said...

I will PRAY! I know that being sick and tired is the pits. Hopefully you will get some answers this morning.....

Jenny said...

I will let Daryl know and you will be in our prayers as well. Keep us updated on what you find out!