Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Not again!

I haven't blogged in a while because IT is happening again. My stomach stuff. Last Thursday I started feeling a bit under the weather and my stomach was a bit achy. I was very hesitant to inform hubby, because I hate what he had to go through last time. I can just imagine what goes through his head when I say "my stomach hurts". Anyway, I struggled through the weekend and made it to Monday when I finally called the doctor. I went in that morning and she poked and prodded my stomach. She decided to send me for blood work and then we would go from there. In the mean time I just had to suck it and deal with the pain. This is all reminiscent of my gallbladder stuff 2 months ago. Can't eat because of the pain, no energy because I can't eat & can't sleep without drugs because the pain. It is a very hopeless feeling. And in the mean time all I can do it wait. Up until today I have been waiting for the blood work test to come back and then to figure out what the next step will be. The doctors office called this morning and said that everything came back normal. Next step is a CT scan on Tuesday. They are going to scan my abdomen and see what they find.
Last week I was reading about Job and I gained perspective on all of my WOES! The verse that stood out to me the most was this:
20 At this, Job got up and tore his robe and shaved his head. Then he fell to the ground in worship 21 and said: "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked I will depart. The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised."
I am so amazed that in all Job had gone through he could still worship. Not just put on a happy face and fake it. But true worship. Not grin and bear it. But true worship. Not smile and nod. But WORSHIP.

I don't attempt to compare my illness to Jobs, or to anyone else for that matter. But what I can tell you, is for me, here, in this home, this sickness is kicking my butt. Please keep our family in your prayers as we go through this and try to figure out what is wrong. Pray that Hubby can press on without growing weary. He is my rock! Without him..... I just don't know. Pray that next Tuesday brings some answers. Please pray hard that everything is solved quickly and won't effect my Guatemala trip in January.

God, please heal my body. Please help me to have a worshipful heart throughout all of this. Help me to not see the hopeless side of things and to only see your side. Please fill me with energy and strength to do all that I need to do in our home. Thank you for you unconditional love.

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I'm kicking myself because I woke up Monday morning with this urge to pray and then call and check on you all. I prayed but never called. I'm sorry.

We're praying....

love
steph.

brenna said...

I keep thinking of calling but I don't want to bother you because I know you're in pain. PLEASE call us if you need anything! That includes taking the kids out for a while so you don't have to think about them. You are in my prayers all the time.