Saturday, December 8, 2007

Survivor




Ok so I must admit that I am a reality TV junkie. (For the most part) I love my Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol, Hell's Kitchen, and Kitchen Nightmares. I do draw the line when it comes to The Bachelor, Dancing with the Stars, and Big Brother. (Sorry if your a fan.)

Right now we are right in the middle of a Survivor season and and Amazing Race season. One thing that always amazes me about Survivor is how they will eat anything. I love the episode where they get to bid on food. These people are willing to pay hundreds of dollars (of course it's not theirs) for a cheeseburger, a plate of fries, chocolate cake, etc. The other crazy thing about the food is how sick it will make them. Here they have been living on practically nothing but rice or beans or something simple like that, and then they are going to gorge themselves on a grease filled, cheese piled, bacon stacked burger. But they don't care! They are so hungry, that they are willing to pay the price and the consequences to be able to eat it.

I feel like I have been living on Survivor for the past couple of weeks. Starving myself because anything I eat is extremely painful. Well today I was done! I was willing to pay any price to eat what sounded good. I finished with some testing that I had done at the hospital and headed for Pizza Hut. First I thought some bread sticks would do me just right, then I thought about a triple bacon cheese burger from Wendy's would also do me right. But I needed to have some restraint. So I went on to Pizza Hut. I pulled up to the drive through and the only thing that came out of my mouth towards that beautiful speaker and that angel that was on the other side, was "A LARGE MOUNTAIN DEW AND A CHEESE PIZZA! " (Yes it was a personal pan pizza, I am not that bad.) As I paid for my food I wanted to kiss the lady for being so fast with my order.
I left and headed home. Prayed that my food wouldn't kill me and thanked God that I was alive to enjoy it.

On a serious note....It has been a tough week. Full of testing and doctor's visits. I am so thankful that everything has moved exceptionally fast and we are moving in the direction of getting answers. I have a doctors appointment Tuesday to go over all of my recent test results. Please pray that God guides the doctors towards all of the answers that we need. Please also pray that the GI doctor's office that I need to get into has openings NOW, so that I don't have to wait until Feb.


As of this moment my "Survivor moment" at Pizza Hut has not effected me. I am standing strong. But if it does put me to bed with pain....I will still say,"That was the best cheese pizza I have ever eaten."

2 comments:

brenna said...

Good job for indulging yourself. Even if you get sick, you've certainly earned the right to eat that pizza!!!

ocean mommy said...

If I could figure out how to ship all the stomach friendly cuisine (i probably didn't spell that right)we've perfected over the last 14 years, I would cook you a whole bunch and ship it your way!

We're going to pray you into that GI Doctor's office!

love you,
steph.