Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pause!

Today I sit unable to write much. Writing for me is an outlet like no other so this is a tough place to be. I have decided to stop my blog until after the new year. One reason is because of the holidays and all that goes with that, but another is because I need to pause. The great thing about the pause button is that it doesn't mean a permanent stop, just a temporary one. Our lives are in the middle of much. I wish that I could poor my heart out, but here in "blog land" is not the place. The only place is to my Father, the Creator of All. I pray that each of you will have a Christmas like none other. I pray that you will get time with family and time alone with Christ. Please pray for our family and my health.

In my devotion today this was a quote that stood out to me. "Rest in God’s grace, knowing that he wants you to succeed at hearing what he says and at doing what he wants you to do. So he’s not tapping his foot, ready to reprimand you; rather, he’s walking on the water, encouraging you to step out of the boat."

God please put your arms around each of us as we go through this season of our lives. I pray that we always stay focused on you and have faith. Help us to believe you completely when you say that you will take care of us. God please hold our hands as we step out of the boat, because we are scared. Thank you in advance for the peace that passes all understanding.


ps. Guatemala is coming...... 31 days and counting.

1 comment:

Lynn Stallworth said...

Have a Merry Christmas with your family. I will pray for your health. My hubby has a good friend with Crohn's, a fellow I actually went to high school with. He manages it well. My hubby has ulcerative proctitis himself. He was diagnosed with that after a colonoscopy when the boys were 3 weeks old. It was a scary time. God will pull you through-you've got lots of plans to do work for Him! Take some earned time out to enjoy your loved ones! Happy New Year, too!