Wednesday, January 16, 2008

3-2-1

Ok so here we go.... we are 3 FULL days away from leaving for Guatemala. I am nervous, excited, scared, happy, sad, and PMSy (so I want to cry about it all). Yesterday was the first day in a while that I have felt really good. I had to go back on Prednisone again this week. I hate that because of the side effects and potential side effects. But the good thing is how much better I feel almost immediately. I actually feel somewhat normal (whatever that means). I have high hopes going into this trip that God will keep me feeling great.
Yesterday I had the daunting task of writing my will. (Yeah, try to do that being of sound mind while you are PMSing and on a steroid). Sadly it is something that I have never gotten around to doing. But looking forward at this trip felt it necessary since both Hubby and I will be gone. The scary truth is that something could happen to both of us and then what? I could care less about the house, cars, and other stuff, but the kids..... they are another story. Sitting down and thinking through all that I would miss if I didn't see them grow up was very sad. But I found my heart was comforted again by the thought of heaven. Knowing that if today held my last moments on Earth with my family, Heaven would hold an eternity of moments. Thank God that this "world" isn't the end of the story.
OK enough of that stuff!
While we are gone would you please help us by being in prayer. Each time Guatemala comes to mind please lift our entire team up. Here are some specifics that you can pray for:
  • Safe travels. 3 hours to the airport from here. Flight to Elsalvadore then to Guatemala City. 3 hour bus trip from Guatemala City to the mission. And then back home.
  • Good health for the entire team.
  • The team will stay FLEXIBLE to be willing to do what God would have them to do.
  • The families that have been left stateside. For their protection, comfort, loneliness, sanity, peace.
  • Our leaders. That they will be able to to lead with confidence and to have a team that follows willingly.
  • Open hearts. That the Guatemalan people will allow us to love them with the hands of God.
  • Guatemala is on Central Standard Time and our days start at 7am. We will be there from Sat-Sat. (So you can pray timely)
  • Here is our FLEXIBLE itinerary so that you can pray along with our actions:
    • 2pm arrive in Guatemala City-7pm arrive at Mission
    • Sunday- 8am breakfast, 9am church, 1pm tour mission,3pm visit orphanage/nutrition center/senior center,6pm dinner
    • Monday-Friday- 7am breakfast, 8am Cleave for construction site and other ministries, 12pm lunch, 1:30pm back to sites, 6pm dinner
    • Sat-7am breakfast, 8:30am depart for airport, 11:30am arrive at airport, 2:50pm Leave Guatemala City, 4:45pm Depart San Salvadore, 9:50pm Arrive in the States, 2am- Home.

Thank you in advance for your prayers and support. I will write and give plenty of updates when we return.

This video is a tribute to my brothers blog. He wrote about how those words moved him, so I listened to it and I must agree.

Jesus, thank you for the rain. It has caused me to draw close to you and be filled. You have strengthened me in my weakness and given me more than I could dream. You have given me unimaginable freedom, joy and peace. Bring me anything that brings You glory. I know there'll be days when this life brings me pain but if that's what it takes to praise you Jesus, bring the rain. Thank you for being greater than the pain.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

This song has been powerful to me since the first time I heard it...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Yr7i5L6kFT0

Jenny said...

I'll be praying for you all!!! And please let your family know if I can be of help in any way....to give me a call! Can't wait to hear about all your experiences when you get back! :)

ocean mommy said...

This is a great song.

We are praying for safety, health and an awesome encounter with the Lord during this trip!

Love you
steph.