Monday, January 28, 2008

A little Angel


As you know we have 4 children. Each perfect and special in their own little ways. From fire and passion to gentleness and compassion. They all have qualities that I pray will grow into maturity and God will use to impact this hurt and broken world. My recent blogs have been all about what "junk" is going on here. So today my blog will be about one of my angels. (Not that one is more special than any others, but today it is about 1).

My PeyPey
From the day she was born we have said (specifically her father) that she was born to make people smile. She has the most contagious smile I have ever seen.
She often tells me, "Mommy, you are my best friend forever." You can just imagine what that does to me. Dr. Phil said one time on his show,"It is not our children's job to love US, but it is OUR job to love our children." That statement has stuck with me through the tough times with pre-teens. I feel like my job is to make sure that not matter what, my kids know I love them. And one day.... if taught well....I will know that they love me. But then God sent me PeyPey. I have never been around a child that makes me feel loved like she does.
Yesterday was an interesting day with her. She decided that she would "test" me on EVERYTHING! This usually compliant princess who will do anything I ask, with a smile and a giggle, wanted no part of obeying me. Everything I asked her, either got a NO in response or she ignored me. At least it was obvious that she was "just testing me". So we struggled all day and finally daddy had to rescue her from me and put her to be, because I had "HAD IT". She refused to go up the stairs and I refused to carry her.
But this was our conversation this morning:
Me: "PeyPey, we had a bad day yesterday. Let's not have one of those again."
Her: "I was very mad mommy."
Me: "Yes I know, but you have to obey me when I ask you to do things."
Her: (with a big smile) "I will and I happy today.... Mommy, you not mad at me?"
Me: "No baby, I was never mad at you, I just like you to use nice words when you talk to me."
Her: "I use nice words today, I love you mommy."
Her: "Mommy, you not go away next week?" (Because of me being in the hospital last week)
Me: "No I will not leave again."
Her: "I miss you mommy when you go away."
Me: "I won't leave to overnight, but I do have to go to the store today."
Her: "Uh! You have to leave me AGAIN?" (With a big ole grin)
Me: "Yes"
Her: "Ok, but you drive car real fast." Than I got a big hug and another "I love you Mommy".

Nothing can compare to the feeling of being loved. By a spouse, a child, a friend, or our God.
1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Thank you God for loving me through my family. For showing your face to me in the smiling eyes of a child. Please help PeyPey to always love as you love. I pray that she impacts the world in the beautiful way that she impacts my life every single moment of the day. Thank you for her sweet, understanding, compassionate spirit. And thank you for the privilege of making me her mother and trusting me with her for this short passing moment we call life.

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Love that picture of her. Too cute. And I can hear her telling you.."UmmmmNO!!!"

brenna said...

maybe it's because i'm emotional today but picturing her in her little voice saying you're my best friend forever brought tears to my eyes. you are blessed to have such a sweet little girl.