Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hope for a future

One of my favorite verses ever is...Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I love it because the crisis Pregnancy center in Texas used it as their Motto verse. Not only was it meant as hope for the unborn babies, but hope for the terrified mothers. Who most did not know of a God who would forgive them and love them no matter what the situation.
But today I saw this verse on a church marquee and it spoke differently to me than ever before. I saw it on the way home from my doctors appointment. Now forgive me for taking a couple of steps back and explaining the afternoon before I saw this sign.

I left the house and headed for my doctor's appointment and it was the first time of the day that I had silence. I was alone in my car. When I am alone I usually turn up the music and sing MY MUSIC. So today was no different. (I decided weeks ago that no matter what came of this appointment, I would do everything I could to point to God. But sometimes that is easier said than done. Making the choice to not worry and give everything to God allowed God to do just that.... give me peace.) So anyway... back to my day. I turned on the radio and was caught by a song. I believe with all of my heart that God allowed me to hear this song.


I couldn't do anything but smile. Knowing that anything that we were now facing with my health or our life.... I had a choice. It was almost like it was a moment where is saw Heaven and realized that true peace, healing, joy, and life can't happen until there.
The doctor visit was good. Diagnosed with Crohn's not cancer and now we begin the medication game. Hoping to find the right meds. to make me live painfree.

Ok back to my favorite verse. On the marquee. All it said was something about "Plans of hope and a future." There it is again Heaven. Heaven is my hope and my future.

God thank you for hope and a future. Thank you for pointing my eyes to heaven and you today. Help me to always point people to you and to always share hope with others. Thank you for good news today. Thank you for peace.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

We're praying that the right combo of medications is figured out quickly! God has been so faithful through this process, He can work all this out too.

You know I was thinking earlier this week that God has already thought out our life. He's thought it out, planned it out. Knows every detail. It blows my mind to think about that, but at the same time there is such comfort and safety in that.

Love you
steph.

Oh yea, Chad told me you took your prednizone(yea I know I probably spelled it wrong) at night!! Girl, you'll be surfing blogs at 2 am doing that! Set your alarm and take it at like 5:30 am!!! Chad used to drive me nuts when they had him on that stuff. He would be up after midnight mopping the kitchen floors or playing nintendo. And HE NEVER SHUT UP!!!!! Like he needed any help in that area. :)