Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Balance

I have quickly come to realize that balance is something that I have to work at. And it is not something that comes easily. Since going back to work, I have found that I constantly struggle with time. I am not sure how families, that have 2 full-time working parents, successfully accomplish family time and daily to-dos. I feel like we struggle and there is only 1 working. So KUDOS to those families out there that can get it done.

I realize that to some people , including family, that our choices do not seem logical. It does not make sense that we would choose to have less income so that our family can be together more. The cost of living life the way the world thinks we should is a price that we are not willing to pay. Sure we could both work and have jobs to support our choices but we would rather work to have a family.

I do not want to BALANCE family with work. I want to balance life with family and support it with work.

God please help us to stay focused on want is important. Family, ministry, life. Help us to not be distracted by what the world thinks makes sense. Thank you for the gift of family and thank you for making it so important to us.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Our balance is something not everyone understands. It's foreign to some people that parents actually do the child rearing! I know we've heard from family how much "better" things could be if both parents worked, but look at how much of your children you miss when all your time is spent shuttling children between sitters and other activities.

You have to do what God tells you to do for your family and nothing else. It may be totally unconventional and hard right now, but you and S. are the only two that answer to God for how you raised your family.

Don't let the words of others bug you to much...they are probably just regretting some of their past choices.