Thursday, May 15, 2008

Africa

It has been a while since I have posted about Africa. Many times I get wrapped up in life and forget about the burdens that God has gifted me with. It is easy to live in our self absorbed world and never think about 2.5 Billion living in extreme poverty.
As my heroes continue to prepare their hearts and home for the long awaited arrival of their 2 daughters from Ethiopia, I am blessed to follow their journey though their blog. Recently she blogged about Redletterscampaign. It is a fantastic organization that doesn't believe in just knowing the Gospel, but in living it. It is worth your time to learn, connect, and hopefully experience all that is there.

One blog entry that really spoke to me is this one:
http://www.redletterscampaign.com/blog/2008/04/red-letters-book-club-chapter-3/



I BELIEVE THAT LIVING FAITH CAN END POVERTY!

Do you?


James 1:27, "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

God I pray that you will never let us loose sight of our purpose here on Earth. Help us to always stay burdened and never become calloused. God help us to not be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. Help us to not see people as anything less than human beings, created by You. Help us to only see problems as opportunities to see You.

No comments: