Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Heroes

Who is my hero?

If I had to name my heroes....my list would be short. I guess it is because I am not easily impressed. A hero is someone that is admired, looked up to, one with courage. I have said before that my hubby is my hero... and that will always be true. But today I must name a couple more who make my list:
Chris and Becky are adopting from Ethiopia. They already have 2 beautiful children and now God is leading them to open their lives to 2 more. The amount of courage and faith that this family has shown as they step out in obedience, is amazing. They have trusted God for each step and patiently waited to see the miracles that He will give next. Here is a small video of another miracle that God has provided for them.


Please pray for this family as they approach the final stages of their adoption. Pray for their new little girls and the new lives that they will transition into.

Thank you Chris and Becky for inspiring us to do more!

“ Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4

4 comments:

Jenny said...

That is awesome!!! What an example of stepping out in faith...God is continuing to meet every one of their needs!

ocean mommy said...

That is so cool!!!!

Are these Maryland friends?

So neat.....

Lindsay said...

yes, they are from our old church. Hmmm! I guess that doesn't narrow it down though does it?

becky said...

way to make me cry. :)
you guys are awesome and you will be missed in the good 'ole 'bury!
your prayers mean more than you know! love you!