Wednesday, March 26, 2008

God is calling

Over the past months I have struggled with "God's Calling". I am constantly confused with what I think God has called me to and the current circumstance or situation He is has allowed us to be in. In my human mind, they don't line up. For example: Being called to be a stay-at-home-mom and now I have to work outside our home. Being a minster's wife and now hubby isn't on staff at a church. In both of these two callings I have felt with my entire heart, that they were from God and in those times of our lives, it was exactly where God wanted me to be.
Each day that I go to work I meet a new person with a new story. They all have some story of something God is doing around them and how they are responding to it. Whether it is a response to someone who is hurting in their family, a job they have in a church, a passion they have for a cause, or something God is changing in their heart. No matter what it is, their stories are always about a response to a calling. Each new day and each new person teaches me a lesson.
God whispers quietly into my life a greater purpose. Though He has called many of us to specific things based on individual gifts, the ONE thing that he has called us ALL to is obedience.
Obeying His call can mean a life time commitment or a moment of showing grace. Obeying His call could mean committing to a ministry for a year or giving a hug to someone. Obeying His call could mean changing your heart completely or fixing a meal for someone.
God calls us to obedience in little things and big things. We may never know why He calls our lives into a certain circumstance, but I promise you this, God Is Calling.

God thank you for loving me enough to call my life into circumstances that require action. Help me to not live in question but to rest in Your answers. Thank you for ordering my steps before I could ever dare to dream them. Please protect our family as we walk where you lead. God above all, help me to hear you when you call and to always answer with obedience.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

You just keep doing what He tells you do. He can more than handle the consequences of your obedience...