Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Here we sit

Yesterday I started my new job. Back in retail. I didn't think I would ever have to say that again. As sad as it makes me to have to leave my children, I am equally grateful that God is providing for us in this way.
When we were in Texas one of my goals while hubby was in seminary was to promote to a store managers position. I wanted this because I knew it would be job security for us if we ever needed me to go back into the work force. And here we sit. I am so thankful that I have the experience in this field and was able to just step back into it in our time of need.
Yesterday was a very hard day for me. While at work, I am fine. I am 100% there. But to come home and see all that I missed on this ONE day, my heart broke.
This past year has been a hard road for us. (Ha! this past 3 years has been a hard road for us, but we will just focus on 1 year) With my health, church, house stuff. It seems like the struggles haven't stopped. This past year my health has asked hubby to carry more than his share of the load. As we sit here in our newest set of circumstances I pray that we can take a breath. I hope that we can use this time to see clearly what God would have us do next.
With each struggle passing we have gained new perspective. Seeing things in a new light with new grace. I pray that through this new time of hardship that God will allow us to grow and see in yet another way. I pray that by being away from my children it will make me appreciate each moment I have with them even more.

I choose joy... I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance. I will refuse the temptation to be cynical... the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than an opportunity to see God. ~Max Lucado

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Prayed for you yesterday morning. I'm so thankful that God has made a way for you all to live near family that will encourage and love on you during this time. I only wish we were around the corner.......

Jenny said...

http://www.southeastchristian.org/before/?id=924

:)