Wednesday, March 5, 2008

And.....we're......off (again)

For most of you who read this you know that we are moving. (again) My emotions are a roller coaster from moment to moment. So I am going to invite you to sit back, secure your safety harness, keep you hands and feet inside the ride at all times, and hold on for dear life; as I take you on my emotional roller coaster.

Excitement: I am very excited for a new adventure. New town, new church, new restaurant, new things to do. I love exploring a new place with my family and finding new things to do for "us".
Fear: I am afraid of trusting God 100% for what is next. (This is where He is stretching me the most.) I trust 99.9%. But completely letting go of plans for tomorrow and being 100% willing is hard. And the blunt honest truth is that it scares me to death. I NEED a plan B, C, D, E, and F.
Joy: I find that I am really joyful that we have the opportunity to truly put our faith into action. I am thankful for the chance to show God off in our lives. (Not that He NEEDS me to do that).
Lonely: I will miss my friends. I hate those moments when you move to a new place, you are sitting around with nothing to do, and the phone is silent. God has blessed my life in a huge way with my friendships. With each city that I have lived God has answered my prayers for true friendship.
Anger: I am angry that we are moving. I guess it isn't that we are moving, but more that we are leaving. I feel like this situation could have been different and because certain things are they way that they are (wow, that was as clear as mud) we have to leave. I am sad.
Peace: In the midst of all of this God has given me peace. A peace that truly does pass all understanding. I know that He will take care of us. I know that "life" will be ok. I know that His plan is perfect. I know that He loves us. And for all of that I have peace.

So as we pack the truck this weekend and we head off on our next adventure, please pray for us. Pray that God will hold us tight in his hand and we will feel His comfort. Pray that my new job will be full filling and that God will open doors to where He will have us serve.

I wanted to share a song that has been stuck in my head.

2 comments:

ocean mommy said...

So many emotions..

You know it's our honor to hold up your arms right now. I wish we could be there to help you load and unload, cry, and laugh.

I look forward to seeing what God does in and through you next..

Love you all
steph.

Jenny said...

Praying for you....