Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2008- It's been a helluva year.

*January*
-Diagnosed with Crohns
-Spent a week in the Hospital
-Missed our mission trip to Guetamala.
-Resigned from church because there wasn't enough money for the entire staff.
*February*
-Moved from a house that we could no longer afford.
-Moved into Hubby's childhood home.
-I went to work full-time outside the home.
-Hubby went to work full-time in side the home. (homeschooling, housing dealing, family sanity maintainer.)
March-August- were a little calm. We spent many days at the pool. Trying to drown our $$ problems. Or at least having so much fun that we just forgot about the problems.
*June* Slowly beginning to see the inevitable with my health. We knew that surgery was around the corner.
*July* I got a new store manager, and then found out we had a date scheduled for my colon surgery.
*August*
-Surgery at a hospital 1 hour away.
-Removed 10inches of my colon.
-Out of work for 6 weeks. (This was good because it was paid)
*September*
-Returned to work.
-Began to prepare for Christmas at my store.
*October*
-Received foreclosure papers for our home in Maryland.
-Began to prepare for a weekend trip to visit a church for a potential job.
*November*
-Visited potential church.
-Filed for Bankruptcy.
-House auctioned off (we think)
-Dental bill the made us poorerererer.
*December*
-I turned 30.
-IRS is trying to make us pay an INSANE amount of money for taxes that we DON"T owe.
-I had a woman yell at me because I wished her Merry Christmas.


BUT.

I have my health,we all have our health,we have each other, and I have a God who promises to walk with us through all of the crap we go through. I recently heard this song on another blog. I couldn't help but to see how it paints us and our emotions so well.



Whatever your doing inside of me, it feels like chaos but some how there's peace.....

Time to face up. Clean this old house. Time to breathe in, and let everything out.

I believe that you are up to something bigger than me, larger than life, something heavenly.


God, Thank you for 2008. Thanks for not killing us ;-) Thank you for the lessons that we have learned. God I pray that we have shown ourselves faithful to you. I know that we are not guaranteed tomorrow, but, thank you for 2009. And if we don't make it to 2009, then I thank you for heaven because I know that either one has to be better than 2008.

Much love.

No comments: