Thursday, December 18, 2008

Complete plan

Do you ever think crazy things like:

What would have happened if Jesus wouldn't have made it to the cross?

What if Mary had tripped and fallen when she was pregnant?

What if Joseph would have refused to take Mary as his wife?

What if Caesar had found Jesus before Mary and Joseph left for Egypt?

What if Jesus hadn't walked on water?

Call me a little crazy but I was thinking about this stuff the other day. And then I caught myself and said,"Duh! OF course none of these things could have happened." It couldn't have happened because God had this great plan for Jesus. Most of us couldn't even fathom what life would be like if God's plan had failed. (I seems so insane to even try to wrap my mind around God's plan for Jesus failing.)
I know all of this seems crazy. But I began to realize that we think these kinds of things all of the time. Each time I worry about my children or my husband. Each time I worry, I am also not trusting God. I am not trusting that HE wrote and finished our story a long time ago, just like He wrote and finished Jesus' story.

My lesson for this week..... Trust God in the same way that He LOVES us. Completely.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Just believe Him. Sometimes you've got to act out that faith! Like you said, He's already written the entire story for us....as hard as it is to wrap our little brains around..sometimes we have to make the choice to just believe Him.

Sure wish you all could be here Saturday...looks like your grandmother and her brother are coming too. Maybe next year we can all get together. :)

we love you
steph.