Thursday, December 11, 2008

Isaac Questions?

After my last post I thought I would follow up with some answers to the comments:

My brother wrote:
Great post - I think the real question is - if you knew that it would cost you everything you hold dear in your life, would you say yes?

Truthfully I don't know. I feel like we have laid down so much at this point. I know what the right answer is, but the human answer is a little different. I know that many have gone before us and laid down much more than I could ever imagine. I just pray that when that day comes, I will be strong enough to recognize it and not so stupid that I miss it.

My Hubby's Sister asked:
So, how does this apply to you?

I felt like the story just kind of describes our life up until this point. When we left Texas it was an easy YES. Maryland was full of Great people, nice church, new house, new babies, new beginnings. (though some of those things changed DRAMATICALLY. It was all good when we went there.)
But then we were faced with leaving 1st Maryland Church (1MC) it was hard to stay but harder to leave. So we stayed. For a while.And then almost 8 months later we were faced with leaving again. We felt like the timing was right and now it was time to go. So we prayed that God would move us out of 1MC. We didn't know where and at that point I don't think we cared to much. We were open to go anywhere the God took us. It felt like just as we said the words anywhere, God opened up the opportunity for us to go to 2nd Maryland Church (2MC). What started off as a hard decision to say "YES God , we will go anywhere." Turned out to be a crazy ,"Ok guys if you'll go anywhere, then I will send you down the street."

The other night as I read through the story of Abraham and Isaac something just hit home for me. I feel like life is anyways a roller coaster for us. We are constantly being jerked from one place to another emotionally, but our faith stays true. We know that know matter where we end up next week, next year, 10 years from now, God will use what and who we are to glorify himself. I pray that I will always be tested and show that I am faithful. I pray that I will always be strong enough to so what is asked.

Luv Yall!

No comments: