Saturday, December 6, 2008

Isaac

Do you ever wonder what Abraham thought when God told him to sacrifice his son? I am sure Abraham thought "Uh! You want me to do what?"

But then I think about what went through Abraham's mind when God told him not to sacrifice Isaac. I have a feeling that Abraham felt a little jerked around. Maybe like an emotional rag doll.

He tells God "yes". He says that he will obey. He lays his selfish desires down and trusts. Then just at the moment when all seems lost. He is ready and prepared to kill his beautiful boy, God says STOP! I was just testing you to see if you trusted me.

Genesis 22

It sometimes seems like the very moment that you give in and say ok, is the very moment God changes the plan.

I just thought that I would share what I was thinking about tonight.

Much luv!

2 comments:

Chadwick said...

Great post - I think the real question is - if you knew that it would cost you everything you hold dear in your life, would you say yes?

Keep your chin up sis. Love you

Christy Evans said...

So, how does this apply to you?