Thursday, July 9, 2009

48 hours

SO in less than 48 hours we will be on a plane to Turkey. My children will be safely tucked away at my brothers house, my hubby will be safely tucked away beside me on a plane, and I will be............... a basket case. :-O

Just kidding....kind of.

Well, the truth is... I am already a basket case. Trying with each step to hold it together. As I packed our van tonight with all of the kids suitcases I had to fight back the tears. Telling my self ,"Focus, hold it together, there is too much to do, don't loose it now, you can do it!"

My mommy heart is heavy. Heavy because I can't stand being away from my kids. Heavy because each moment that I miss is a moment that is gone forever. Each silly joke that Barron tells, each infectious smile the Peyton shares, each smirk that Shelby tries not show, and each laugh that Baily warms us with, means something to me. And to miss any of those is hard.

But...

My ministry heart is SO Excited!!! Excited to step out on an adventure that has been placed in front of us by a gracious God. An opportunity to pour out ourselves and serve a group of people who are on the front lines in Turkey. A group of Christians in a country with over 70 million people and 99% of them are Muslim.

I know that God had given me excitement for the trip,so that I will allow Him to carry the burdens I have for my children.

Prayers as we go:

Pray for safe travel.
Pray for safety while we are there.
Pray for our health.
Pray for our time there, that it will be fruitful.
Pray that we will be able to give 100% of ourselves in service to these people who live 100% of their lives in service to our God.
Pray for our energy (especially around Thursday, b/c I am sure we will be wearing down by then.)
Pray that the Starbucks has white mocha :-)
Pray that my heart will be comforted as I leave my babies. (all 4 of them)


I don't think I can blog while I am there, but if I can I will. Other wise I will be journaling, so that I can blog it all when I come back. Thank you all for all of your prayers and support.


Much Love!
Thank you all for your support.

3 comments:

Lisa Twigg said...

You are a really brave lady. I willpray for you and your fam. I am not a mom but my heart aches when I am away from my mom for like a day or more. God will carry your burdens though :) and like I said I will pray for you!

Jenny said...

Love you too. Hope you have an amazing trip and I can't wait to hear how it goes!!!

brenna said...

Have a GREAT time! You're babies will be VERY WELL taken care of. Maybe Barron will tell all of his used jokes and keep the new ones for you and the girls will all be content and happy. And I'm sure they will all have lots of stories to tell you when you come home :-) Have a wonderful and blessed time.

We love you and we'll be praying!!