Friday, July 31, 2009

Turkey Day1

So finally I am sitting down to blog about my Turkey experience. The next days will all be journal entries from my time there. Some days I missed because of travel or exhaustion. I can only pray that as you read through my thoughts, you will in some way be touched by the unbelievable experience we had.

DAY 1

The first thing that comes to mind today is EXHAUSTION!!!! We started our journey at 2pm yesterday. Drove to the airport and boarded an 8pm flight to Munich, Germany. Landed in Munich around 4am only to turn and change planes to head for Ankara. We finally landed in Ankara around 8am. There we met our new friends. A wonderful couple that our church has privilege of supporting. We rode to the hotel with Nabby (as I will affectionately call them) but the girls were in her car the guys were in his. I guess "when in Rome...." (or Turkey) The afternoon has been spent getting to the place we will spend the week and settling in a bit.


This was the view from our window!!


So was this :-)
Thoughts from Day1~
* Beautiful Country
*Turkish people like their Tea and Cigarettes
*There are Mosques on every corner it seems.
*The team I am with....WOW!! They are the weirdest people ever. Kidding....they are definitely the funniest.
*I MISS my kids soooooo much.
*I wish the my Big girls could have come. (maybe next time)
*Pray Hard!!

After a very long day it is 9:45pm Turkey time (2:45pm est) and I can't hold my head up. Good night!


No comments: