Saturday, July 11, 2009

Drive Time

Yesterday I drove half way to Georgia to hand the kiddos off to my brother. 5 hours down there with screaming, excited kids. 5 hours back with silence (well actually I listened to talk radio for about 2 hours :-) Strangely, I love the quiet time. It became a time to think and get prepared for us to leave for Turkey.

As I drove down the road listening to MY music my favorite song came on Hope Now. I have listened to this song a million times, but yesterday I heard it differently. The first lines of the song are:

If everything comes down to love,
then what am I afraid of.

That was it. Those words have forever changed me.

If I truly believe that God loves me and I truly believe that He is in control of everything, then what the heck do I have to fear? There was the huge release of anxiety and fear as I thought through this.

I let go of my fears and focused on the simple idea of God loving me (us). Through death, pain, joy, and gladness...He loves me. And no matter what could happen or one day will happen, His love does not change.

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life.


Thank you Jesus, for giving us hope in a hopeless world. Thank you for giving me the time yesterday to remember that I am yours. Thank you for awaking my soul and for carrying my burdens. I pray for your protection on us as we travel today. Help us to carry your love to a part of the world that is so dark. Thank you for loving away our fears and for giving purpose to life. I pray for protection on the families that we all leave here in the states. I pray that they feel you hands holding them tight and comforting them as we are away. Thank you for the breath of life you have given us today and the opportunity to live the adventure you created.


No comments: