Thursday, July 23, 2009

Home

WHEW! It has been a crazy couple of weeks.
Tons of driving, Tons of Flying, Tons of memories!

I am still trying to pull it all together since the trip to Turkey. Jet lag is brutal. I am also trying to digest everything that went on while we were there. The good thing is that I journaled the entire time. So over the next days I will be blogging my journal. :-)

I definitely have come away from Turkey with some HUGE emotions. I am in such awe of the Christians in the country. They are loyal, loving, passionate, warm, and so much more. In a country that is cold, dark, hopeless, and blind. They plant seeds of hope and love in a ground without water. Their determination and drive can only be powered by a loving God who wants to see Turkey turn back to Him.

To our friends in the beautiful land of Turkey:

Thank you! For loving a country with the love of Christ. And for teaching us to do the same.

God,

We pray your protection on our friends. Please hold them close. May they feel your loving arms around them when they are scared, tired, lonely, or hurting. God, please carry their burdens in a way that can only point to you. Thank you for allowing us these new friendships. I pray that you will bless our relationships. I pray that we will be allowed to be our brother's keeper. And for Turkey.... God send your rain. As the seeds are being planted God allow the Turkish people to thirst for no one but you. May they find life in You the Living Water. God raise up workers for the harvest! Because we know it is coming. And we thank you for that day. Give us peace that your timing is perfect. Thank you for your love and for the many ways that you show it.

No comments: