Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Gardening???

So today I began the first steps of our first garden. And......those first steps are sitting in my dining room on a portable table in the corner :-) We are starting small with herbs first and then a hanging basket of tomatoes. Of all the wonderful things that I have done with our family THIS ranks way up on the list for me. IN the next weeks I will plot out the piece on yard we will use and then do one of two things : #1 Buy soil bags and lay them out as the actual garden be. You slice them open and stab holes in them. The you plant your seeds.
or
#2 Get some tool I don't know how to use and flip flops, a ball cap and some dingy clothes I will go diggin. and then plant.

I don't know but THIS IS SO MUCH FUN! The kids are so excited that they can't stand it. So right now we are watching and waiting for spouts to come. In the mean time I have a garden to build.

As I go through all of this I see so many teachable spiritual moments. I can't wait to be out in the yard digging through the dirt talk about the parable of the sower. Or How God will supply all of our needs. Or how salsa is HOLY food because it comes straight from the garden (aka God's hands)

So fun ....can wait to conitinue to share.

No comments: