Tuesday, March 9, 2010

God Moving

First Haiti, then Chile, and now Turkey. As our hearts have been broken over the past weeks I can't help but wonder what God is up to. I know that He stands outside of time and sees everything that ever was and will be, so b/c of that I trust.

When I read yesterday about the earthquake in Turkey I was deeply saddened. Turkey has such a rich biblical history but it is so dark and lost. My prayer yesterday was that God would use the earthquake to help raise the veil. Satan has blinded this country with lies from another religion....lies that are so thick and embedded in their culture that only the truth of Christ can break through it all.

All day yesterday this song was running through my head all day!



Especially when it gets to the part about.....
When the lost began to sing of Jesus Christ the Risen Lord.
And we can see that God you're moving
A mighty river through the nations
And young and old will turn to Jesus
Fling wide your heavenly gates
Prepare the way of the risen Lord.


Maybe all these recent Earthquakes are "God's punishment" or "Judgement" or whatever else people want to call it..... Maybe just maybe... it is God Moving.


And here we see that God you're moving
A time of Jubilee is coming
When young and old return to Jesus
Fling wide your heavenly gates
Prepare the way of the risen Lord
!

No comments: