Sunday, March 25, 2007

Blessed Be the Name!

WHEW!!! Today was a day and a half. Satan really decided to show up and crap on my day. Today was started a new children's curriculum at church and had some small programing changes. BUT... those small changes proved to be CRAZY! I haven't felt that stressed in a very long time. I cam home and told DH that I felt like a failure. Not specifically that I failed but more that I failed those around me. In my mind it hurts worse to fail others.

As I sat around the house and de-stressed (translation: I threw up all of my emotions all over hubby!) I began to see the bigger picture. #1 Being transparent. Allowing people to see that no one is perfect. We all have bad days. I think that so many times we want to put on our fake face just so that people can think that life is always great. But the truth is we all yell, we all get stressed, we all question what in the world God is doing. I think that we do more damage by faking it than if we are just honest about life. #2 It is not about me. I am not perfect only God is. The more I pretend to be perfect the more it distracts from true perfection. I can fail and fail and fain BUT, I must continue to give glory for everything to the God who created everything.

One of my favorite worship songs is Blessed Be the Name. Part of the sang goes like this:

Every blessing you pour out,I turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in,
Lord I will say...
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be your glorious name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say Lord,
Blessed be your name.



God really used this song in me when we went though all of our church "stuff" last year. It seemed like I would cry every time we sang it. So today, though it was tough, I must say, Blessed be the name of God. Who gives us great days and helps us through the bad days. I pray that every blessing that He pours out to you, you can turn back the praise. And when darkness closes in still you can praise HIM.

No comments: