Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Boy am I tired!

Wow! It has been a long couple of days. As most of you know, we are selling our house. That sentence alone should explain 99.9999% of it. It is a little rough keeping the house clean and then having to leave so that it can be shown to potential buyers. But God willing, it will sell sooner than later. Otherwise I am not sure that my sanity is going to hold out.

Yesterday we spent a while looking at furniture and appliances. Only to come home and look at them some more on the computer. When I lay down to go to sleep I dream in colors and appliances. My dreams go something like this....

Tan couch,click, brown couch, click, green couch tan pillows, click, same pillows different couch, click, click, side by side refrigerator, click, with crushed ice in the door, click, black refrigerator, click, click, glass top stove, click, with warming drawer, click,click, click, black refridgerator with micro suede green pillows and a glass top with the kids sitting on it doing home school while Pey Pey is yelling," Hold GEE mommy, Hold Gee! (translation: Please hold me mommy)" And Bear is throwing oranges across the kitchen and a realtor is at the door to show the house. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't I say something earlier about my sanity.


But...God is So Good!!!
We are so blessed to have all that we do. Another blog I read talked about how we say, " That's not fair". One of the things that we teach our children is "Life is NOT fair." After DH's recent trip to Guatemala, we were reminded again of how unfair life can be. The Guatemalan people are so financially poor. Living in homes that we would consider unfit for our dogs. I am sure that the Guatemalan people would look at us and say "That's not fair." I am sure that they would see us as emotionally, and spiritually impoverished people, and they would probably feel bad for us. So "Life is Not fair", but I am not sure to whom lives in the fairest conditions. Not to discount the hardships that a 3rd world country face, but just to make us aware. I hope that today you and I will take the time to be to be thankful. And that we will take the time out of our crazy day to serve someone and make a difference in their life. Being the hands and feet of Christ!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

This to shall pass. It all runs together after a while. Even after you finally decide on all that good stuff, you're probably going to forget just which one you picked! And if you're like me, it will be delivered and you'll say, Did I pick that?!!!!!